Hi! I’m Ruthi
...and my life[F]unscripted started in a creaky old mill house at 13 East Petain Street, a South Alabama neighborhood that straddled the poverty line. It was a place that fueled stories.
I learned the #1 lesson for a storyteller — open your eyes and ears. I looked, listened, and WOW! Stories were happening all around me — unexpected, touching, and funny stories. I only had to write them down.
- There were old folks sitting on front porches ready to tell me their stories — peppered with colorful old Southern sayings.
- Funny stories come from my childhood memories of the crazy things grown-ups said. I heard my great aunt say, “He needed shooting, so Eula shot him.” There had to be a story there.
- My blunders turn into some uncomfortable stories but laughing at mistakes is the best medicine.
- There are stories about the funny things people do when they face unexpected twists and turns in their lives.
- Weird encounters with strangers write sometimes funny and sometimes creepy stories.
- I'm married to the love of my life and we live stories that tell the secret of how to make love last — laugh!
- Then, I got a puppy and learned it's a dog’s job is to make every walk into a story.
- Bad Bosses/
- Crazy or funny things grown-ups said and did when I was a kid/
- Funny and unexpected things people do/
- Funny stories from when I was a kid/
- How to make Love Last — laugh/
- Life with a headstrong puppy/
- Old Southern Sayings/
- Sometimes you’ve gotta laugh at mistakes/
- Stories about weird encounters with strangers/
- Weird stories from the HR department/